Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dangerous Chocolate Cake!

I'm sitting here with no TV ... yes, our 2 -year old, LCD flat screen Sony TV seems to have bit the dust ... oh, the extended warranty you ask ... we don't have it! Seriously, it's the most expensive piece in our house and it no longer works! We'll see what the repair man has to say. Thank goodness for my laptop! So onto the food .... yummy!

My sister sent me a recipe for "Cake in a Mug" it's a 3-minute cake! Just what every women needs to satisfy the "I need chocolate NOW!" craving! As I read the ingredients list I realized I had all the requirements and with Kelty content in his Exersaucer I whipped up a little cake! In about 6 minutes I was munching on a little chocolate cake! Whoohoo!



DANGEROUS CHOCOLATE CAKE-IN-A-MUG

1 coffee mug
4 Tbsp. cake flour (plain, not self-rising)
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
Small splash of vanilla
3 Tbsp. chocolate chips, optional

Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well with a fork.
Add egg, mix thoroughly.
Pour in milk and oil and vanilla, mix well.
Add chips, if using.
Put mug in microwave, and cook for 3 minutes on 1000 watts.
Cake will rise over top of mug--do not be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little; tip onto a plate if desired.

Garnish as desired!

*** 3 minutes is too long for a microwave oven over 1000 watts. I didn't check the wattage (sp) until after I finished and our microwave is over 2000 watts! Don't put this in for 3 minutes if your microwave is over 1000 watts ... I would reduce it by 30-45 seconds perhaps ... my cake was good but it would have been better if it wasn't overcooked!***

Ok, let's be honest. When our hubbies are gone we eat different ... it's really not so much fun cooking for just one. I really enjoy cooking but it's better when you can share it with someone. This is one of my favorite quick meals when Al is gone ... it really is yummy!

Portebella Mushroom Cap with Proscuitto and Mozzarella

(This photo isn't great and it doesn't do this meal justice ... but trust me ... it's GOOD!)

1 Large Portebella Mushroom Cap

Olive Oil

Salt and Pepper

2 Paper Thin Slices of Prosciutto

1-2 Slices Mozzarella Cheese

Place mushroom cap gill side up on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and layer 2 slices of prosciutto and mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano. Place under broil for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.

2 comments:

  1. Yuuuuum! Thanks for the great recipes, I can't wait to try them out (especially the cake)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A freakin portabello mushroom cap! Way to make me feel bad! When Tyrone's gone I eat cereal or pasta with butter and cheese straight from the pan. That choc cake recipe is adorable and sure to be delicious so I forgive you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails