Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back to the Basics

Let's get back to the basics and talk about Kelty! This one's for you stinker ...

We have had many a snowy day since the New Year rang-in ... it's beautiful ... and cold ... and did I mention cold? We haven't ventured out as much, with the exception of Kelty's speech appointments and grocery shopping ... those are a must. Kelty and I have stayed snuggled up in the house while Al braves the cold. Kelty isn't much for staying inside all day so we play outside in the snow for a bit each day ... he loves it. He's also developed a new found love for finger painting, stamp-art, "real" washable markers, and the old faithful ... stickers.



Sweeping the snow and laughing the entire time



Despite having a matching snow-set, Kelty prefers to pick out his own gloves, hats and boots for our snowy adventures. I particularly like the fact that he chose to wear his Cars rain boots.



Kelty pretty much decides when it's time to go out and play ... he'll run to the window or door and pound twice (that's how he communicates "open") ... at which point I usually say "Oh buddy, it's cold outside" ... he usually runs out of the room and reappears with his choice of winter gear and we go from there.



Practicing his Yoga ... Kelty loves to imitate ... he'll see a picture in a book or magazine (in this case a DVD cover) and start whipping out the poses. I have to say I was REALLY impressed with his "tree" pose!



His latest addiction ... fingerpaints!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I can't wait to see the little guy! I love the tree pose he even had his fingures all intwined! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie, the fingerpainting there looks like a masterpiece :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how much of an opinion he has about things! How cute! I very much love his fingerpainting suit! You're always so prepared!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails