I am completely DONE with Al's flying schedule ... yup, no more tolerance. Allow me to vent in a bullet format since it will be easier to follow:
- It is normal for the guys to fly every day here ... OK, I can accept that ... it's just unfortunate that Al is gone ALL DAY ... most days he is out the door by 6:30 and does not walk in the door until 7pm (if at all the same day). I understand this is not an enjoyable schedule for him either.
- I saw Al one day this week ...lovely.
- This is Al's 2nd overnight trip this week ... his plane broke down in Sicily today ... lovely.
- The plane cannot be fixed until at least NEXT Wednesday ... lovely.
- We leave for our vacation THIS Sunday ... lovely.
- Arrangements have been made to get Al home early. I do appreciate the fact that he was not forced out of his leave and our planned vacation .... however I am truly annoyed at the circumstances right now. Lovely.
- I finally decided to make a hair appointment for myself in an attempt to look nice ... oh, that appt is for Saturday ... oh, Al will not be home yet ... oh, I must bring an antsy toddler to a hair appt where I will attempt to keep him entertained in a chair during a cut and color ... SUPER lovely!
- We have NO iternary or plans for this vacation ... I have tried ... there is only so much I can do during Kelty's 1-hour nap time. I have to squeeze that in tomorrow too ... lovely.
- The yardwork needs to be done before we leave, as we will have houseguests taking care of the dogs. I do the yardwork ... I have pretty much since we got here. Lovely.
- We are not packed for the trip ... at all ... not one sock, not one pair of undies. I will add that to my "to do" list for tomorrow. Lovely.
- I have to get the house ready for our housesitters ... I refuse to leave the house anything shy of emaculate for our houseguests ... that just wouldn't be right. Lovely.
- I have to go to the grocery store and stock the house with food and buy "Kelty" food and supplies for the trip ... tomorrow. Lovely.
- I HAVE to go the post office tomorrow and mail a package before we leave for Rome.
So ..... tomorrow's TO DO list (which I am solely responsible for) looks like this ...
* Pack for 3 people
* Clean the house (bathrooms, floors, fridge, kitchen, etc)
* Finish laundry
* Grocery shopping
* Post office
* Hair Salon
* Build some sort of itinerary
* On-line check-in for flight
* Confirm reservation info for 3 hotels and 1 rental car
And 1 more thing ... I literally have NO clothes to wear ... I'm really not exagerating. For my Bday (over a month and a half ago) Al gave me the awesome gift of a shopping spree. I made an attempt to go shopping one Saturday afternoon but had to end my trip early because Al got called into work on a Saturday ... and this is why I am EXTRA annoyed that I have no clothes to wear. I have not had 1 day ... not 1 single day ... can I just have 1-day to make myself feel better ... I'd even take a few hours?
There ... I'm done! :o)