Sunday, June 14, 2009

Date Night at The Schnapps House

So we did it! (Hey ... keep it PG people!) We did it, meaning ... we hired a babysitter and went on a date! It was actually a squadron dinner and silent auction at the Schnapps House but it counts! We found a babysitter through Youth Services on base; the sitters have gone through a class as well child CPR/First Aid. Our babysitter is a very sweet girl and Kelty literally attached himself to her immediately! We met earlier in the week with the babysitter and her parents just to get to know each other and get Kelty acquainted. Onto the pictures ....

Before dinner we had a tour of the distillery where they make their Schnapps and Liqueurs. (German Schnapps is the equivalent of our "moonshine" and their liqueurs are the equivalent of our Schnapps ... you only make that mistake once! The Schnapps is enough to burn your nose hairs!) One interesting fact: Germans can pay their taxes via cash or liqueur ... seriously! They can pay the government with liqueur!

Our liqueur tasting! My choices: Chocolate, Peach, Blueberry, Raspberry, Strawberry-Lime


I'm not much of a liqueur drinker

I contributed a Softie and Blankie from my line of ChichiKids and also sewed an adult apron from a new line I hope to start in my shop OhSewChichi. I really wanted to keep this apron for myself ... I like the long ties wrap in the front to make a cute bow!

Kelty received a box from Nana/Papa and Mimi/Papa and Nikki/Jason last week! Part of the delivery was the other 6' section of tunnel that attaches to the 6' we already had here. That's 12' of tunnel for Kelty to get lost in ... he loves it!

More play pics with his toys in another post ... I need to go shower!

Oh! We celebrated my 33rd Bday!

My awesome hubby gathered some friends at the house for dinner and cake! Al made Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo and Chrissy made the cake! Thanks everyone! It was a really busy day! We met the babysitter at 5:30 followed by dinner/dessert at 6:00 and our 1st German language lesson at 8:00! Whoa!

Jo, Chrissy and the Bday girl!

5 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great birthday! And yeah for a date night! It's been a year since Jeff and I had one. Glad Kelty did good with the sitter.
    P.S. Your animae (sp?) is very creepy (yet cool in a way I can't explain) and I felt compelled to leave a comment b/c she told me to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys had a chance to go on a date night! The pic. of you tasting the liqueur is pretty funny..i'd be the same way. ha. I love, love , love the apron! You have your chichi sites back up and running??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new set up on your page:o) Thanks so much for keeping up with your blog and letting us into your lives:o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I inclination not acquiesce in on it. I assume nice post. Expressly the designation attracted me to read the unscathed story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails