Monday, December 20, 2010

Interchangeble DIY Dry Erase Board

Originally inspired by Lynette over at Get Your Craft On; I finally got around to making a few Dry Erase Marker Boards this Christmas! Did you know that glass makes a great dry-erase surface?! I changed up the materials a bit to give it my own spin; this is literally a 5-minute craft! These make a great last-minute Christmas gift!

I used double sided scrapbook paper so you can switch out the paper whenever you're in the mood for a fresh look. Simply keep the other papers in the frame behind the front paper and you can do a switch-a-roo in seconds! I bought a scrap pack that came with the tag and used my Sizzix to cut the letters "n-o-t-e-s" to embellish.

I have several variations, including interchangeable "embellishments" so stay tuned for more.

Materials

Picture Frame - I used an 8 1/2 x 11
Scrapbook Paper
Embellishments
Dry Erase Marker

DIY Marker Board w/ Interchangeable Papers


Make sure your other papers still coordinate with your embellishment!

4 looks in 1

I'm linking this project to

Sumo's Sweet Stuff (Market Yourself Monday)
Today's Creative Blog (Get Your Craft On)


7 comments:

  1. Awww... wow! That's adorable! My daughter would so... ♡ one.
    Maybe I can squeeze it in before Christmas??? Thanks so... much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! How's the marker showing up against the paper? I made one awhile ago (not half as cute as yours LOL), but only the black marker would show up against the print; the other colors just kinda...disappeared in all the business of the paper. I'm gonna have to play around with mine more - it's time to change mine up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, new follower number 97 here! Love this! Thanks for the quick and awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been searching for family org. ideas all over and this is my favorite place for them. Very very cute and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! These are super cute! Thanks for sharing. What type of clip did you use to hang the marker? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AMAZING!!!! Just what I've been looking for...my family of 6 is not nearly as organized as I should be, and I feel like my life is a disaster....THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping me get a handle on things! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't thank you enough for helping me get my family of 6 in control...I was beginning to feel a disaster coming on, but you have given me the power to regain control of my life! God Bless

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails