Saturday, September 4, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We just returned from a 2 1/2 week visit back to Michigan to visit my mom and dad (Nana and Papa to Kelty)! Oh, what a fabulous trip! Al was on a training TDY for the entire month of August so I made plans to visit my parents. I braved an 8 1/2 hour flight ... alone with my toddler ... and despite the in-flight entertainment system being BROKEN, we managed really well! I have to admit that I was a little proud of myself for pulling it off!

This was my first extended trip back "home" during the summer since, well ... I think our wedding 12 years ago! It was as beautiful and comforting as I remember it growing up and it was truly a beautiful thing watching Kelty enjoy "home" the way I enjoyed it when I was little ...

We spent most of our time outside and Kelty used this time to release a lot of energy!

We went dinosaur hunting in the woods with Papa on the Mule ...

Our exploration led us to the lake where Kelty played in the water ...

Kelty spent HOURS driving the John Deere around the property ... this awesome little vehicle has been through most of the grandkids! Kelty collected branches, acorns and moss ...

We played in the ball pit ...

Raced the John Deere and the electric scooter ...

Hopped on Papa's BMW motorcycle ...

Drove the golf cart ...

Fed the bunnies with Nana ...

Drove the tractor ...

Went hunting for acorns with Nana ...

Took adventures on the Mule ...

Went to the Circus ...

Made Nana and Papa very happy ...

Fed the birds ...

Played with bubbles ...

We laughed ...

Visited Kelty's cousins ...

Cut the grass ...

Played in the bounce house ...

Played in the woods ...

Had fun with Nana and Papa ...

Made some very special memories ...

Oh! And finally Al made it up to visit ...

and as we always do when we visit home ... we shot guns! Don't mess with Momma!

In hindsight, I should have blogged along the way so I could share all the beautiful details behind the photos ... but, I didn't. Another lesson learned for next time!

Thank you Mom and Dad for an absolutely beautiful visit, it couldn't have been any better. Thank you for giving us the gift of very loving home and the ability to share that gift with our children ... there is nothing more precious.

6 comments:

  1. It looks like a wonderful trip! You've got some really gorgeous photos too, thanks for sharing them =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys had a chance to enjoy yourselves. Thanks for the pictures, it looks like everyone had a great time. Sorry we couldn't make it out there, however we did appreciate the invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Kelty's hair!!! Looks like you had a wonderful time, nothing like the summer in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! Love the one of Kelty laughing with your parents on the bench.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! It looks like a little boys playground - all those vehicles to race around in! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our home in summer is sooo beautiful!! I"m really glad you had the chance to get up there and spend some time with mom and dad. You took awesome pictures!! Frameables!!! Mom and Dad looked great, and so HappY!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails